Monday, October 25, 2010

dreams of bread

I drifted off last night with dreams of bread in my head. I've been making an amazing sourdough bread from scratch ! As I was getting ready for bed, I kept thinking about just one little piece. But I let it be. The bread will be there when this is done.

I found an Indian grocery store yesterday near UK. It opened only a month ago. Among other delightful things, they carry Moong Beans! Hooray! Now I can really get wild with the kichari.

Yesterday afternoon I took a huge nap. I blame the cats. As a Kapha dominant type, I should really not nap. And I know why: A body at rest tends to stay at rest. I could barely get up after a full three hours. When I did I was sluggish. Then of course I slept super poorly last night.

Intermediate Series is forbidden during the cleanse. Only primary is to be practiced. Primary is supposed to be therapeutic (yoga chikitsa). Today's practice felt really good - very light and open. But I want to be practicing Intermediate. Since I was injured a few weeks ago, I haven't practiced any of my second series postures. It's been about two and a half weeks. I'm afraid of coming back to them and having regressed. But maybe this is what I need right now to cleanse and continue to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.