Thursday, October 21, 2010

four days in

First, let me say how completely overjoyed I am at the fact that my leg has made a complete recovery. Who knows what happened there, but it's better and I am grateful.

I'm on my fourth day of preparing for the cleanse. I've had no coffee or alcohol since Sunday. The booze actually isn't much of an issue. When I go out with friends, I order a cranberry juice spritzer (half cranberry and half seltzer). It's really refreshing, doesn't attract attention (most people assume it's a vodka cran), and really keeps me awake. It's a great feeling to socialize and feel so alert and engaged.

The coffee is the real challenge. The days are getting shorter. It's dark out when I wake up. The morning is colder (although not as bad as in Boston! so that's been somewhat easier). I'm drinking my detox tea as my morning at-work-beverage. I haven't felt too bad before noon. But around 2pm, I really start to drag. I get so sleepy that I could fall asleep right at my desk.

Today I tried the Tazo Orange Blossom Tea in the afternoon for a little pick me up. I don't think it's caffeinated. The orange and spicy aroma did the trick. I felt like I had taken an hour long nap. That's going to be my go-to through the rest of this cleanse, I think.

Tomorrow is a birthday party. I'll bring items for my mocktail. Then Saturday I start the real deal...kichari for two weeks. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.