Friday, October 22, 2010

groceries

I'm ready for the cleanse. I went grocery shopping last night and should have enough goodies to get me through the next week. Here's what my cleanse grocery list looks like.

Already on hand "pantry" items:

ghee
sesame oil
trifala (www.banyanbotanicals.com)

From the whole foods

red lentils
white rice
brown rice
frozen peas, spinach, and brocoli (these are my cheater items when I'm too pooped to cut up fresh)
fresh ginger
lemons
limes

unsweetened organic apple juice

Tomorrow I'll go to the farmer's market and pick up some fresh greens and maybe some squash. Otherwise, I'm good to go.

This is my fifth day without caffeine or booze. I feel pretty excellent. My practice this morning was very fluid. Everything felt great. I made some oats for breakfast and had some quinoa kichari for lunch. There was a tiny headache after lunch but some fresh air and a tea remedied that.

Here's my recipe for oats:

1/4 cup (generous) oats (soaked overnight if possible)
1/4 cup (stingy) shredded coconut
1/2 tsp coconut oil
a dash of salt
cinamon and cardomon to taste
a palmful of raisins

cook the above together for about 20 minutes (or as long as it takes you to get dressed and put on your makeup :) )

then dress with a little bit of raw honey.

YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ro,

    Just found your blog. Good luck with your cleanse (although you love it so much anyway and don't need it). I'm so feeling that oats recipe... will have to give it a try...

    xo
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.