Saturday, October 30, 2010

is it safe to emerge?

I'm asking myself if it is now safe to leave the bathroom.  Last night I wrapped up the purgation portion of the cleanse by taking castor oil before bed.  When I got up this morning, I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the "evacuation" was. 
I went about my normal Saturday rituals, made coffee for Shawn, made bread for the week (more to come on that!) and prepared my kanjee for today.  Kanjee is a kind of really simple rice cereal.  It's basically overboiled brown rice.  You eat the liquid part first then the rice bits if feeling ok.
I really over-boiled my kanjee and there was no liquid to speak of left.  Rather than struggle with smashing the rice through the strainer, I went straight for the rice.  I added some honey and cinnamon.  It was actually a tasty little cereal.
I continued my chores and was feeling really good until the second wave hit me.  How could there possibly be anything left to purge?!  After quite a while in the bathroom, I felt confident to emerge.  Hopefully that is the end of it.  I teach today at 3pm.  I don't want any scenes where I have to stealthily put my students in downdog and run out to use the bathroom!  I wouldn't be the first yoga teacher to do this, but I don't want to go there if possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.