Thursday, October 14, 2010

vitamins!

I've been on again off again about vitamins. On the one hand, I think that your vitamins should get in your system the old fashioned way...through your food. On the other, I've had moments where I felt I need something extra.

It's been a long time since I've regularly taken vitamins. And now I'm struggling with this peculiar nerve injury. I'm reading a lot about vitamin B12 deficiency and more and more am convinced that's the culprit.

The symptoms fit and even more so, the causes fit:

vegetarian (i hardly even eat eggs or cheese like i once did)
strange bacteria blocking the absorption of B12 (i was to India this year; I've been experimenting with fermented foods)

so, i'm taking my vitamins again and upping my dosage of B12 foods.

in a few weeks, I'll be cleansing with my teacher and folks in the Back Bay Yoga community. Hopefully, that will eliminate any bacterial friends that I've picked up.

I will continue to be pro-active in healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.