Sunday, December 5, 2010

Aging and Yoga

This morning while eating my breakfast and flipping through the channels I stumbled on a show on our local PBS channel called "Easy Yoga for Arthritis with Peggy Clappy."  More than an instructional video, it was a documentary of sorts where several people talked about the benefits that they received from yoga.  Amongst them were ease of pain and anxiety, and greater balance.  Here's a YouTube video by the same person:





And then this morning, coincidentally, the owner of the yoga studio where I used to teach posted her prom pictures.  I didn't know her then.  But I would say from the photos that she hasn't changed very much from 22 years ago.

Can yoga keep us from aging?  Of course not.  But does it make the process much more graceful and less violent then the alternative. Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.