Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Chicago - My kind of town

I just got back from a 4 day weekend in the Windy City. The city did not disappoint in the wind department nor the freezing cold department.  How quickly we forget the horrible weather we once enjoyed every spring.  Brrrrrr.

Weather notwithstanding, I had an amazing time.  I practiced yoga at Moksha Yoga. I practiced there many years ago but most recently Yoga View has been my stomping ground when I go to Chicago.  I chose Moksha this time partly out of convenience.  It was closer and fewer transfers to my friend's place in Hyde Park.  And they had a guest teacher from Miami.  I practiced with her on Sunday and the regular Mysore teacher on Monday.

What to say? At first I was apprehensive because my Oregon experience was less than stellar - my fault, not the studio's.  This was the complete opposite.  The room was warm and bright and sunny.  Despite being on vacation, I felt magnificent.  I walked my hands to my heals in backbends on both days even though I only practiced primary.  And, on the second day, I got help with Kurmasana.  YAY! 

I'll let that deliciousness carry me through the next few months until I can practice in a Mysore room again. 

Today I missed practice because my alarm didn't go off.  The extra sleep was a good thing, but I was disappointed.  I wanted to follow that momentum from Chicago.

Today I was also supposed to start the cleanse.  I delayed the start for tomorrow.  I had totally forgotten a work lunch obligation.  It's easy to be strong in the middle of a cleanse, but that's it's hard to take your first cleanse meal in a restaurant. So tomorrow it is.

I did take the liver cleansing beverage this morning.  Is it gross that I love it?  Here's what it is:

In a blender combine 1 clove garlic (important to crush garlic first), the juice of 1 grapefruit, 1 tbs of flax seed oil, the juice of 1/2 a lemon. 

Side benefits - you get to smell like garlic all morning!

Tomorrow the real deal begins, complete with mono diet.  I'll do that until next Friday (4/8) and fast on Saturday 4/15. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.