Wednesday, June 15, 2011

City of Brotherly Love

My year of "study abroad" in Kentucky has officially ended.  I started my new job a week ago and we are well settled in to our new apartment.  Almost everything is unpacked.

Last week I practiced primary.  Between the surgery and the move, I hadn't had much time or energy until this past Sunday to get to my practice.

Primary is excellent for many many reasons, but I had to come back to my regular practice at some point.  Now I'm back to my intermediate postures.  I took one away from myself, one that I gave to myself anyway, until I am back to where I was before.

This week marks the first time that I've done my practice three days in a row since the surgery.  Today is a moonday.  I'm getting a little help from the Cosmos as I move back into my practice.  I've been going to a Sunday led primary practice at a local studio.  I'm really happy with it.  It inspires me to work harder through the week.  The teacher is fabulous and very knowledgeable.  Once things are settled here, I'll start taking Mysore practice with him.

After Sunday practice, we chant and he answers questions.  A few weeks ago, he was talking about the bandhas.  He said that if you practice with correct alignment, the bandhas will come naturally.  I'd never thought of it that way but I can definitely see that happening to me, especially in inversions. It's food for thought. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.