I finally managed to shove myself out of bed at 6:30 for my practice. Then I had to turn off the air conditioner - -cold practice = yuck. In no time, the room was feeling warm and toasty again. And once I made it to my mat, I had a pretty decent practice.
* Tremendous back popping in Pasasana - love it!
* Heels to my bum in Bhekasana
* Almost grabbed heels in Kapotasana (I probably could have, but didn't want to push it as my body still feels like it's in the healing stages)
* Handstand is back (against the wall - let's not get ahead of ourselves :)
As always, I'm glad that I made it to my mat.
There are a few things that I've "lost" over the past year in Kentucky that I need to get serious about:
* Coming up from Laghu Vadrasana - I'm dipping back 3-5 times to prep in order to bring this bad boy back
* Landing in Bakasana B - this disappeared a few years ago when I went careening to the left and hurt my old arm injury (a broken bone high on the upper arm)
and weight related:
*binding in Yoga Nidrasana
* touching fingers in Pasasana with help of a towel (I've NEVER been able to bind on my own in this one - in some shalas, I'd still be stopping at Pasana 8 years after getting it).
I plan on doing a summer cleanse. That's not really orthodox. They're usually done in the spring and the fall. But I skipped my spring cleanse and could really use some cleansing now to help with the weight problem. I'm also praying that a LH comes this month which may also resolve the issue (Caution TMI ahead: pre-LH I can put on as much as 10 lbs in water weight; thus I believe that missing a LH after the first round of BC following the MC has left me with the water weight I would usually get rid of - or I could be in denial :)