Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 4...of the most difficult cleanse I've ever done

Today is day 4 of what has easily been the hardest cleanse I've done. The cleanse is structurally no different than any other that I've undertaken.  But the reaction has been way different.

I have a sore throat, flu-ish feelings, mini-headaches, and am super duper weak and sleepy.  And that's without mentioning the digestive stuff - without going in to too much detail, food is going in...but it's not coming out. 

What the heck is going on?  What is making this so much tougher?  Has this year been so different? Well, yes, when you look back since the last time I did a cleanse, there really has been a lot going on.  I went from having a job where I where I was miserable, to moving to a new city, taking a new job, etc.  I had two major health issues in the last year.  That's a lot of stress for the body to take on. 

My guess would be that I'm cleaning out all of the residue of the stress and the unhealthy eating patterns that came with the stress of the past year, and man, is it ever painful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.