Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 5 - I'm alive!

Sorry about the weird rhyme.  I couldn't resist .  Yesterday, I was feeling so crappy that my boss suggested that I take today off in addition to tomorrow which I had already planned.  When I woke up this morning with a stuffed up head, sore throat and exhausted after more than 9 hours of sleep, I decided that I probably should stay home. After all, it's not always easy to tell the side effects of cleansing from a real cold or flu.  I'd rather play it safe than get really sick.

So, I "slept in"  all the way to 7am and went in to do my practice.  I have never gotten there as part of the last batch of students.  It was really interesting. The room was packed and warm and humid.  It very much reminded me of a passage I read last night in the "Guruji" book where Annie Pace talked about the practice room feeling like a womb.  I nestled my mat between two people whose practices were well under way and let the energy in the room carry me.  It felt very therapeutic.  The congestion and discomfort of the cleanse melted away quickly after the third sun salutation. 

Unlike previous days, I don't feel the cleansing nasties returning mid-morning.  I'm just going to take care today and maybe enjoy some of this beautiful fall weather and let the cleanse do its work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.