Monday, October 3, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

That's right!  It's time for me to embark on another seasonal cleanse.  This time, I have everything I need: my health, my BBY support page, mung beans, ghee, and rice.  So why am I feeling so resistant to this cleanse? 

As I sat down to my first bowl of kitchari yesterday, I thought to myself "I can't do this. This is going to be awful."  I have never approached a cleanse with this kind of attitude before.  I like kitchari.  What is my problem? Is it because of my past "failed" cleanse, when I had to give it up because of "illness" (though I didn't realize at the time what the reason was)?  Is it because of the sudden onset of blustery cold fall weather? 

Whatever it is, I am struggling...and it's only day 2.  I just want hot coffee, baked potatoes, and broccoli cheddar soup.  Is that too much to include in my cleanse?  :)

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Ha, ha. When I saw the title of this post, I thought, "she must be starting her cleanse." I took my roommate to one of Kate's Food and Yoga workshops and she wanted to stay for the cleanse info session afterwards. I was laughing when Kate described the "pre-cleanse" diet of no dairy, wheat, or soy and reducing caffeine and white sugar...that's my ENTIRE diet (the dairy and the wheat)! I'm not doing the cleanse this year but am wishing you luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you're kind of on a permanent cleanse! Thanks for the luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, I meant my entire diet consists of all the things Kate labeled as "allergens" to be abstaining from as a "pre-cleanse" diet. Whoops, lol. Take those out and I have no food to eat, lol. Hmmm...might need to be taking a second look at the food I eat, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops! My bad. You're on the anti cleanse diet then! Probably still not as bad as my husband who had a cheeseburger for dinner :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.