Friday, December 30, 2011

Ringing in 2012!

2011 was a huge year for me with lots of change and challenges.  In the end, it was a good year with a move that brought me closer to my career goals, geographically closer to my family, and to a fantastic Ashtanga teacher.

Despite some health obstacles, which I thankfully overcame, my practice has progressed, especially in the past three months or so.  I've become fully re-committed to a 6 day a week practice which has paid off tremendously.  I have become stronger, leaner, and more present in my practice.  I'm working on Karandavasana with a lot of help from my teacher.  And just in the last week, I have been able to come straight to my heels in Kapotasana without touching the floor first (and on the days where I didn't reach my heels, I still touched my feet instead of the floor first). 

In September, I started an apprenticeship with my yoga teacher.  It turns out that this will be worthy of a 500 hour yoga alliance training.  Initially, I had signed up for the opportunity to deepen my practice, but it's wonderful that I'll also get this certification for the work and study that I'm investing. 

Thanks to some very talented and generous yoga bloggers (Claudia, Megan, and Grimmly) who shared my blog, so many more people are reading it.  That's been a very nice surprise this year. These bloggers and others in the "cyber shala" really kept my practice alive while I was living in Kentucky.  It's a huge honor that their readers are visiting my blog, too. 

In all, it was a very good year.  There are still a few persistent challenges, but I'm optimistic that 2012 will be a good year.

And so here are my resolutions:

Continue the 6 day a week practice!
Get back jumping into bakasana B.
Work on handstands every day.
 I take ankles in backbends every day.

Eat something green every day.
Eat a fruit every day. (I have a real aversion to fruit)
Eliminate fried foods from diet.
Of course, there is a weight goal associated with this. If I reach it, I'll let you know what it was.

Be more social.
Accept more invitations.
Read more.

Meditate at least 3 times a week.  Work up to daily.

Take more pictures...of practice, of life, of everything.

Give thanks more often.

Write at least once a week.

Namaste!  And a beautiful 2012 to you and yours!

 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Ro and congratulations getting your heels. Just coming back to 2nd here and I only brushed mine this morning in kapo, it'll come back but it's a bit draining making the effort while it does.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.