Friday, January 27, 2012

My Yoga Journal


This is a little ode to my yoga journal:
My journal adorned with Ganesha, remover of obstacles.
I started keeping this journal in 2007 when I was working on my 200 hour teacher training.  My training notes are all in here.  Shortly after the training began, I was asked to start teaching.  So, I started taking notes on teaching and giving adjustments in the Ashtanga method.  Occasionally, I would go through spurts of journaling about my own practice.  Those notes are also in here.  All of my notes about the cleanses I have done are in these pages. 

Some practice notes from my "accidental" practice with Prem and Heather while on a work trip to California.

I have also kept notes in this journal about my travels, in particular, my the details of my cherished trip to Goa are contained in these pages.

On left: flowers from Goa and card from a friend I met there; on right: birthday card from my landlady in Goa.

When I read the entries in the journal and look at the souvenirs, it takes me back to another place and time.  It reminds me how far I've come in my practice and of all the wonder that is available in the system.  Now I'm tucking away the journal that I've been carrying around for the past five years and starting a new one.  I can't wait to see what the practice brings.

Shiva the destroyer and transformer
Porge is excited about it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.