Tuesday, January 31, 2012

somewhat made from scratch

Due to my crazy schedule this week, I'm cutting some corners on dinners.  Tonight I picked up some lobster cakes from the WF and sweet potato fries.  I wanted to dress them up a little.

To the sweet potato fries, I added a healthy dose of the Korma spice mix from Eat, Taste, Heal and tossed with some olive oil.  I can't say enough about this mix.  We put it on everything.

For the fries and the lobster cakes, I wanted something lighter than mayo.  So, I mixed about 1/2 cup of plain yogurt (full fat - 2012 might be our last year on earth.  are you really going to eat fat free?:)  with about 2 tbs of fresh mint and one clove of garlic minced. 

Adding a few condiments helped make this meal feel a little more special.  Do you have any tricks to enhance quick prepared foods?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.