Sunday, April 1, 2012

Squeeze it!

I always am a little hesitant to talk too much about what I've learned in a workshop (or from my teachers in any other capacity for that matter).  1.  I can't necessarily do the teachings justice out of context.  2.  I don't think it's necessarily fair to the teacher.  If you want to know what they are teaching, you too should take their workshop.

With that disclaimer out there, I will say just a few things about Tim Feldmann's workshop this weekend at Shanti Yoga Shala.

1.  Tim Feldmann is extremely funny and an excellent teacher.
2.  We aren't squeezing our anuses enough.  We should be squeezing them all the time except when going to the bathroom, giving birth, and when we're in savasana. 
3.  We don't need to do jump throughs. But if we want to, there are ways to build up to them that are very accessible.
4.  Backbends feel better when number 2 is applied.

If he comes through your area, I would recommend taking practice with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.