Thursday, October 18, 2012

mini vacation

I don't understand the people who feel that they need to have a plan to take a vacation.  Personally, I love to take a few days off and have absolutely nothing to do, to see my neighborhood and city as it is when I'm tucked away in a grey cubicle, to get things done around the house and relax.  These past few months have been crazy at work.  On top of my normal activities, I had to manage the building of our new website.  It's done and launched, and now I'm taking a much deserved break. 

This morning I celebrated my vacation by practicing with my teacher, Angelique, after assisting.  It's fun to practice side by side with your teacher.  I especially like the opportunity to give her assists and "repay" her for all of the excellent attention I've received in class.

--------------

On another note, I'm making some big changes to my diet.  Philly is a great food town.  Too great!  It's way to easy to go overboard and frequently.  I'm reining it in and going on a diet.  I'm not normally a fan of diets, but certain poses are only just out of reach (the bind in pasasana), and as the Einstein quote sort of goes "to do the same thing over and over and expect different results is insanity." So, I'm making a full on attempt to get rid of some "adipose tissue," a nice term for fat that I came across in Gregor Maehle's books.

I'm supporting my diet with a popular online weight loss program.  So far, it's going well.  I'm actually having a lot of fun nerding out on the calculations.  Wish me luck.    




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.