Monday, June 17, 2013

Counting Down in Moon Days?

As a dedicated ashtangi, I keep a close eye on moon days.  For the past few weeks, I've been managing my regular 6 day a week practice and with the extra 25lbs, the moon days are much deserved and relished. 

When I looked at the moon day calendar, I decided to see how the moon days fell around my due date (August 14).  My ladies holidays have always been pretty reliably lunar, so I have reason to suspect (at least in fun) that my baby is more likely to come on a moon day than on the 14th.  In August, they are the 6th (new) and the 20th (full).

Then, I counted the moon days between now and the 6th.  There are only 3 left!  Only 4, when counting the 6th, until my due date.  That seems way shorter than 8 weeks (though obviously, it's the same amount of time).  That's very exciting stuff! 

Even with so little time, my practice remains strong.  I have finally eliminated kurmasana (not that I was doing anything resembling the real pose) from primary and cut off the final three poses.  Otherwise, my second series modifications remain the same. 

I'm not much of a videographer, but I'd like to video some of my practice for baby V.  It might be funny for her to see what her mom was up to during her pregnancy.  If I get around to it, I'll share with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.