Friday, June 7, 2013

Sometimes Procrastination Pays

I have very few pregnancy symptoms to complain about.  Occasionally, I have heartburn.  Sometimes I get a little winded.  But otherwise, I usually feel great.  But there is one symptom that is worse than the others.  When I sleep, my hips and knees kill and keep me awake.  I feel like an old German shepherd.  Last night, maybe because of the rain, was one of the nights where I just could not get comfortable.

So, when I woke up this morning, I hardly felt like getting out of bed for practice.  Instead, I slept in until I had to go to work.

The payoff was tonight.  When I got home, I unrolled my mat for practice and lit some candles.  The rain was pounding outside with occasional claps of thunder.  My quiet peaceful candlelit practice with the sounds of a thunderstorm outside was totally worth it.  It was like a little reward for enduring a difficult sleep.

Nonetheless, I am going to invest in one of those preggie body pillows tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.